This smoothie is a healthy, nutrient dense and delicious treat. Peeled and waxed-paper wrapped bananas should be placed in the freezer a few hours ahead. When shopping for Medjul dates, select those which are moist and they will be easy to blend.
1 banana, peeled and frozen
1 cup nut milk or soy milk, unsweetened
3 Medjul dates, pitted and halved
2 tablespoons raw unsalted cashews
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Place nut milk, dates, cashews & vanilla in blender container & chill in freezer for a few minutes.
2. Blend chilled mixture until smooth.
3. Add cocoa powder and blend briefly.
4. Break frozen banana into a few pieces and blend just until smooth.
5. Serve in small chilled bowls.
Note: Unsalted nut butter may be substituted for the cashews.